Thursday, January 6, 2011

this year...

(photo credit: the supremely talented Kimber Crandall. Thanks, K!)

Dear Mums,*
In the spirit of New Years and resolutions, and with the support of my really sweet husband (who will come home tonight and lose TWENTY BIG ONES because I did, in fact, start a blog today...only 18 mos. later than I once intended, but, oh well, the road of good intentions and all that), I am beginning the Doxford family blog. Yet, I promise, we will do our best to feature all the exciting things going on around us, the people we love, etc. And, since I know that you, dear Mums, are the one that will read (and care...thank you for that!) about our crazy adventures in this wonderful city of manhattan, I am dedicating this first post to you.

So, since we've been home from the holidays, I have done the following things that have made me think of you. Truthfully, I am a little concerned that since school doesn't begin for a few more weeks, I am only moments away (seriously, thisclose) until I break out the glue gun at midnight and start crafting. And, mums, we all know that story. At any rate, in 2011, I have accomplished the following:

I have contemplated painting my walls green;
I have contemplated painting my walls blue;
I have contemplated wallpapering my walls;
I have given up the difficulty in such a rigorous pursuit for design, and watched several episodes of the Gilmore Girls (which Dox regrets giving me for Christmas because he says the songs drive him nuts);
I have contemplated a new schedule for running, all the while happening upon (it was fate!) a new little place in the neighborhood that serves the most divine milkshakes!

See what amazing posts you have to look forward to in the next year, mums?!!! On a more serious note, thank you for being general inspiration and inspiration for our little doxieblog.

Loves!
emma

p.s. *if you are reading this and you are not my mother, we are not from the UK (well, at least not in the past 100 years). We are not German either, and yet we also call our mom "muter."

No comments:

Post a Comment